Wednesday, August 27, 2008

U.F.O.


So, I received a slightly delayed birthday gift yesterday, and it was without a doubt one of my fav's. As many of you may know, my Japanese heritage was only recently discovered. Okay, okay. So my so-called Japanese heritage is actually quite debatable and most definitely unofficial, however all that aside, as a result of my brief time cohabiting with my favorite Amerasian family, I discovered I am a lover of all things Japanese. One of my most favorite discoveries (well, beside the CD of Okinawan music I still have yet to get a copy of) is U.F.O (pronounced Yoo-fo). Although it seems simple, just a ramen-like version of Japanese style noodles w/ sauce, it is to die for....literally! At a whopping 2130 mg, the sodium alone might kill me. But seriously, it's worth it. Sooooo goood!!!!! Of course, cooking is always a bit of guessing game as the directions are all in Japanese, but if you can make ramen, it really isn't that hard to figure out. I just kind of guess on the measurements. So, now that I have made myself good and hungry, I think I might just have to make a box of my oh-so-fav dish. Five stars and highly recommended!!!!! (uh, that is unless you are on a low-sodium diet :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Save some for me. I want to try it! It will make for a nice happy hour snack.

Anonymous said...

Konnichi wa. Ogenki desu ka. Watashi wa U.F.O a hoshii desu. Anata wa wakrimasu ka. Ja mata.
Chuckwilson

Quotes

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.
-Robert Collier

So many fail because they don't get started - they don't go. They don't overcome inertia. They don't begin.
-W. Clement Stone


We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
-Aristotle

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
-William B. Sprague



 

Life before 225 | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates