Saturday, September 5, 2009

My Martha Stewart Moment

Thanks to a poor memory, I have no recollection of how I discovered my new found love for strawberry cake. I highly suspect a baby or bridal shower may have been involved, but there is no way to be sure. Although I am uncertain how this sudden passion for strawberry cake developed, the only thing I am certain of is that I have been craving a piece of moist, creamy, strawberry goodness ever since. This morning, out of the blue, I came across a recipe for Strawberry Pie, and although it wasn't quite strawberry cake, I was unable to resist the temptation any further. I immediately ordered my ingredients (yes, one of the advantages of living with the parents) and gave in to my persistent cravings and created a little taste of strawberry delight. I would, however, ask you to ignore the fact that I spent my Saturday evening in a kitchen. That fact alone has suddenly made me feel aged enough to be living in a retirement community. So I will push that notion right out of my head and remind myself that I too deserve to have a Martha Stewart moment, even if it is at the expense of a Saturday evening out. So without further adieu, I give you my deliciously, tasty, mouthwatering good, homemade Strawberry Pie...

1 comments:

Michelle said...

YUMMY I LOVE STRAWBERRY PIE! It looks so pretty! See, darlin, you CAN cook. YAY!

Quotes

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.
-Robert Collier

So many fail because they don't get started - they don't go. They don't overcome inertia. They don't begin.
-W. Clement Stone


We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
-Aristotle

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
-William B. Sprague



 

Life before 225 | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates