Sunday, June 7, 2009

Taking a breather

As I am sure you have noticed, I have taken a brief hiatus from my updates. I am finishing up a week long semester break and am getting ready to get back to the grind and start yet another semester. The last month has been somewhat distracting and busy with my trip to Arizona, finalizing my divorce, girls weekend in Illinois, planning my move, and of course, the typical end of the semester "I can't bear to keep myself motivated" blues. However, break time is officially up and I have no more time to neglect my responsibilities. Tomorrow I start back, ready or not, to my hectic schedule and I intend to try to stay organized and motivated, and get back into some sort of a routine (we all know I can't function effectively without one). It will be a bit of a challenge as I am making preparations to move (yes, only 45 days to go) and I am also busy with all the mundane details of changing my name back, etc., but, then again, I wouldn't know what to do if I wasn't busy. I haven't NOT been crazy busy in over 3 years. Ah...the life of a full time student with a full time job. So on this eve of a new semester, I will post some fun pics of my lazy weekend around Cincinnati. Unfortunately, a lazy weekend doesn't come my way too often. The weather was gorgeous, the company great, and it was a lovely way to enjoy a weekend with no school work. Alas, I won't have another one for a while.


I spent Saturday morning at Findley market with my good friend Angie, and her little girl Anika.


We enjoyed tasty belgium waffles for breakfast. Yum!


The three of us...Anika is getting so big!


Sunday afternoon picnic at Ault Park.


Darcy loves going to the park!!


A little Chipotle for lunch.


Such a pretty day for an afternoon outside.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You updated your blog. The waffles looked so yummy! Sounds like you had a good weekend. I hope you get your routine figured out quick...James

Quotes

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.
-Robert Collier

So many fail because they don't get started - they don't go. They don't overcome inertia. They don't begin.
-W. Clement Stone


We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
-Aristotle

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
-William B. Sprague



 

Life before 225 | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates