Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Time and Tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of thirty.- Robert Frost


Running through the "birthday spanking machine." 1981

Guess who finally made it to the big 3-0! That's right folks, I'm an official adult. Okay, so maybe I have actually been one for a while now, but for some reason I've always had it in my mind that 30 is really the age of a true, full-fledged adult. After all, isn't that when you are suppose to have it all together? I find it ironic, that on my 30th I find myself packing up to move back home to my parents as a divorced women who has somehow managed to STILL be a student in school. So much for having it all together at 30, but then again, maybe having it all together is completely overrated anyway. Either way, I'm embracing my 30s and I'm excited for a fresh start and a new decade that will no doubt prove to be worlds better than the last.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I meant to send you a spanking machine for your B-day but I couldn't figure out how to wrap everyone up. I'll make sure to get 30 people lined up and ready so the next time I see you we all can get the full B-day experience. Here is to a great decade and bright future... James

Quotes

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.
-Robert Collier

So many fail because they don't get started - they don't go. They don't overcome inertia. They don't begin.
-W. Clement Stone


We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
-Aristotle

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
-William B. Sprague



 

Life before 225 | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates