Thursday, July 30, 2009

Road Trip: Day 7: Home Sweet Home

Alas, 2,000 miles later I finally made it to Arizona! The desert welcomed me with 113 degree weather and it was roasty toasty indeed. Not exactly ideal moving in weather. It does feel good to be home though, and it especially feels good to be done with all that driving. Now I am just busy getting settled in and attempting to adjust to the summer heat. (Note to self: NEVER moving in July again! Thought I was going to die of heat stroke on my first day back.)







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, I hope you are successful in your new/old stomping grounds! I'm jealous, nothing like the Arizona sunshine to cheer you up and make you want to take a nap..haha. I hope you survive the heat.
Miss ya... James

Michelle said...

Gorgeous photos! I especially like the one of you and darcy on the rock in front of the arizona sign. He's so photogenic! BTW I just showed B&B the pics of Mr. Darcy on his travels. I am certain they understood everything I told them. :)

Quotes

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.
-Robert Collier

So many fail because they don't get started - they don't go. They don't overcome inertia. They don't begin.
-W. Clement Stone


We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
-Aristotle

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
-William B. Sprague



 

Life before 225 | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates