Sunday, April 26, 2009

A little bit a crazy

Check off number 2 on the 30 for 30 list. That's right, folks. I completely rocked my skydiving adventure. After a whole lot of scary nerves and one day of wind delays, I successfully dove out of an airplane at 10,500 feet. There may be a little bit a crazy in me, but this was, without a doubt, the most insane and yet amazing thing I have EVER done!!! Completely indescribable. I still can't believe I did it. Anyway, documented proof below:



Drove to Richmond, IN for the big plunge.



Unfortunately, there were wind delays and so day 1 was a no go.
Me doing my "it's too windy to jump" pose.



Day 2 proved to be ideal weather. Me suiting up for the big jump.



Getting my harness just right.



I was checking out the plane outside the hanger just before my impending doom.



Loading up on the plane.



Taking off and flying up to 10,500 feet where we jumped out of the plane and free fell for about 10 seconds at around 115 miles an hour. A total rush!!!



Thank goodness for parachutes. Yep, that's me.



Gliding in for the landing.



Landing back down on on solid ground. Wow! What an adventure! I still am on an adrenaline rush and can't believe I actually did it!!! It is one of those things that literally takes your breath away. Completely awesome!!!

1 comments:

Bandar said...

nice....
i'm sure it was awesome experience..
i love jumping....but without parachute...
that why i have a weird head...

Quotes

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.
-Robert Collier

So many fail because they don't get started - they don't go. They don't overcome inertia. They don't begin.
-W. Clement Stone


We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
-Aristotle

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
-William B. Sprague



 

Life before 225 | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates