Monday, April 20, 2009

Favorite Briefs and Phrases

On a recent discussion board for school, we were chatting regarding our favorite briefs and phrases. Briefs and phrases are basically one strokers that can save you tons of time (which in steno translates into a mere second or two) and in turn can mean the difference of a test pass or not. This discussion prompted me think about which ones I use regularly and how much I love them. So here is a brief list of a few of my favs, some of which I use constantly, and some I use only occasionally, yet I still love all the same.

WEM - welcome

T*U - thank you

T*UFP - thank you very much

PRAOS - produce

BLAOP - blood pressure

FAO*EUB - FBI

SWAIGZ - situation

KP*URD - accident occurred

SK*ERD - asked and answered

KLAURMTS - closing arguments

PRAUZ - proximate cause

B*UMS - being duly impaneled and sworn

Now that I am just getting going, I could go on and on and on...however I will spare you the steno speak.

0 comments:

Quotes

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.
-Robert Collier

So many fail because they don't get started - they don't go. They don't overcome inertia. They don't begin.
-W. Clement Stone


We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
-Aristotle

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
-William B. Sprague



 

Life before 225 | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates