Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Watch out Mr. 225


Alas, I feel as if the fog is finally lifting and I am busting out of the funk that as of late has plagued me with much frustration and lack of motivation. Yes, it happens to even the best of us at times. Thankfully, I am sensing the return of my long-lost self-drive and that positive, can-do attitude. And not a moment too soon, I might add. I am back in the groove...officially.
Perhaps it is just the crunch time factor setting in (or maybe just the extra strong coffee I had this morning). I do tend to procrastinate and wait until it's do or die before I really let myself kick it in high gear. An annoying trait I have still yet to kick to the curb. So whether it's the fact that that there is only a mere matter of months before I really MUST be done with school due to a dry bank account, or that I have finally finished travelling through my latest valley (Admit it. We all have our ups and downs), either way, I'm back and ready to conquer my Q&A demon!!! I've decided I'm done letting it beat me up. Rather than sit back and be constantly defeated by the grueling speed of 225 wpm, I am going to force myself to not just beat that stupid little number, but to pulverize it. It will not defeat me. I am bigger than 225 (okay, not literally, as this has no direct correlation to my weight, but you know what I mean). Besides, I'm sure I talk at least 350 words per minute, or so my family would claim. I figure if I am capable of spewing words out of my mouth at such a rapid pace, then I am positive the good Lord must have made my fingers and mind capable of clipping along at a mere 225, right?!

Mood: Energized (and I admit it, slightly over-caffeinated)
Outlook: Positive
Goal: Practice! Practice! Practice!

No great achievement is possible without persistent work. - Philemon Bertrand Russell

0 comments:

Quotes

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.
-Robert Collier

So many fail because they don't get started - they don't go. They don't overcome inertia. They don't begin.
-W. Clement Stone


We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
-Aristotle

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
-William B. Sprague



 

Life before 225 | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates