Thursday, March 4, 2010

Expect the Unexpected

Yesterday I was scheduled for more internship hours with a court reporter I frequently shadow. I thought it would be quick two hour depo with nothing particularly out of the ordinary. Perhaps that was my first mistake of the day. After all, even after the brief time I have spent interning, I’ve already discovered that you just really never know what you are going to walk into. I guess for a brief nanosecond (or maybe longer) that little tidbit of knowledge somehow escaped my head. So 7 1/2 hours later I realized two things: 1.) I wasn’t making my 2:30 appointment and 2.) Don’t forget to plug your computer in.

0 comments:

Quotes

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.
-Robert Collier

So many fail because they don't get started - they don't go. They don't overcome inertia. They don't begin.
-W. Clement Stone


We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
-Aristotle

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
-William B. Sprague



 

Life before 225 | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates