Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Failure will never overtake me...

if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
Og Mandino

I have finally crawled out of the deep dark hole of self-pity that I have been wallowing in for the past week, and I am finally ready to announce (ever so sadly, I might add) that there was no good news regarding my latest attempt at the RPR. I’ve wallowed, made my emotional “shoe” purchase to combat my depression, and now I’m ready to pick myself up off the floor and move forward…again! I must admit, this was the first time I actually felt plagued with a bit of self-doubt. Enough so, that for the first time I seriously started to question whether or not I could actually do this. Thankfully, a divine intervention of sorts arrived at this precise moment. When I forgot to send my usual Friday morning email to my favorite CR firm about my weekly intern hours, they contacted me to schedule a depo. Although that is a little unusual, I was secretly relieved. Interning is great for a motivation boost. With elements ranging from strippers to hit and runs, this week's deposition certainly did not disappoint. It felt a bit more like an episode from a bad soap than a depo. As entertaining as it was, it was also a great reminder of why I really love and want to do this. The same day I also received a call, out of the blue, from a CR friend who gave me a healthy dose of encouragement and mini-pep talk. I definitely needed it. So, I am now ready to turn the page, move forward, and pick myself up off the floor for the 18,746th time and will try, try again.

4 comments:

Christine StenoNerd said...

...and that's why you're going to be a great court reporter! Because you don't give up, you won't accept defeat, and you will not stop till you reach your goal without compromise! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Hope you have a great week, Steno Diva! :)

Michelle Diehl said...

I'm a long way from taking any certification tests so I salute you for getting this far. Winston Churchill's quote on the right-hand side of your blog says it all:

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. ~ Winston Churchill

Atta girl! Keep up the good work!

Valerie Griswold said...

I subscribe to Steno Nerd's blog and today I got her little post about Court Reporting Blogs on the web. Wow, I can't believe I haven't met you before, we seem to have the same life! I live in Phoenix, AZ and am prepping for the RPR right now, also have a beagle too :) We should get together for coffee and chat. Are you doing online school? I think that would explain why we haven't met. Here is my blog: http://valporter.blogspot.com/

And my e-mail address is valerie.s.porter@gmail.com

This May was my first attempt at the RPR. I missed the Jury by 3 points. I think we can commiserate together :)

Me, myself, and I said...

Thanks you guys...love how encouraging fellow steno chics are.

@Valerie -- We are practically neighbors. How DO we not know eachother? I will definitely get in touch with you.

Quotes

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.
-Robert Collier

So many fail because they don't get started - they don't go. They don't overcome inertia. They don't begin.
-W. Clement Stone


We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
-Aristotle

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
-William B. Sprague



 

Life before 225 | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates