Sunday, January 4, 2009

361 Days and counting

I have never been one for New Year's resolutions. I've always found the idea somewhat silly. Rarely are any of these resolutions actually kept, yet year after year people solemnly promise to change their lives for the better. They promise to do things like join a gym, eat healthier, decrease debt or do away with bad habits. Perhaps they stick to it for a month or so, but then let's face it, eventually we fall back into the same-o, same-o of life, and somehow forget how important we thought our resolution was to begin with. Although in the past I have looked at the idea of resolutions a bit cynically, last year was the first year I decided that I too would participate in the age-old tradition of declaring a New Year's resolution. 
Of course it took a great deal of thought do determine what my "life-changing" resolution would be. After all, the failure rate, although not quite as high as the 95% failure rate for court reporting school, is still quite significant. It seems only about 12 percent of people who make some sort of resolution actually keep it. I decided since the odds were not in my favor, I should attempt something very attainable. 

2008 Resolution: Learn to make a stir fry!

Sounds simple, right! Well, it was. Simple enough that I was actually able to remember what my resolution was (which is half the battle in my book) and simple enough that I felt I could actually do it. Congrats to me!!!! I can now feed myself one square meal. So now that I am a regular domestic diva in the kitchen, I also now have a big head about my ability to keep a New Year's resolution. As a result, this year I'm going big! 

2009 Resolution: GRADUATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right. I'm documenting my promise to myself. Mark my words, I WILL finish school in 2009. You have my permission to personally kick me in the pants if I don't. 

361 days and counting... I guess I should go practice.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

My resolution is to graduate with you honey!

Quotes

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.
-Robert Collier

So many fail because they don't get started - they don't go. They don't overcome inertia. They don't begin.
-W. Clement Stone


We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
-Aristotle

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
-William B. Sprague



 

Life before 225 | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates