Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Movin' on up

I find myself machine shopping these days. It is actually kind of exciting to think that I'm at the point where I will be moving on up to a "grown up" machine. For the past three years (yes, hard to believe it has been that long) I have been working on my little SRT200, a student version that has seen a little wear and tear as of late. Although she's been good to me, it is by no means a match for a professional machine. Since most of the reporters and instructors that I have talked to all highly recommend upgrading my machine before graduating, I have begun the process of trying to to do just that. The top three options at this point are the following:

Add Video
 
Stentura Fusion
$4,795.00
The traditional machine with the standard paper tray, although it has a setting for a paperless option.



elan Mira
$4,795.00
Completely paperless, but with an amazing lightweight touch to the keys. Has all the bells and whistles and highly recommended by those who use it.



elan Cybra
$1,935.00
The most affordable option, but geared more towards captioning and CART reporters. It still can be used by any reporter, however there is no screen on the machine. It is completely paperless.

I am hoping that in the next few months, I will have this taken care of and I'll be on my way with a shiny new writer.  But in the meantime, hmmm...which to choose?! 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

The third one--I like the red lights. Pretty!

Quotes

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.
-Robert Collier

So many fail because they don't get started - they don't go. They don't overcome inertia. They don't begin.
-W. Clement Stone


We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
-Aristotle

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
-William B. Sprague



 

Life before 225 | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates