Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside

       

Although I hate the cold and snowy weather, one advantage of living here is the occasional snow day, and today is one such day. Thanks to a nasty, 2-day winter storm, my work was closed today and I was forced to stay home. So sad (note sarcasm). Anyway, I have been snuggled in with D and enjoying the extra time at home, although I admit, I am having a hard time focusing on my much needing to be done school work. I did take a break to go clean off my my car which turned out to be way more work than I bargained for. Thanks to a 1/4" slab of ice completely coating and sealing my car shut, topped of with a good 3" to 4" of snow above that, let's just say, it was a real nightmare. But, all in all, I can't complain. I'm getting a freebie day at home which, with my busy schedule is always a much needed treat.

      


      

0 comments:

Quotes

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.
-Robert Collier

So many fail because they don't get started - they don't go. They don't overcome inertia. They don't begin.
-W. Clement Stone


We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
-Aristotle

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
-William B. Sprague



 

Life before 225 | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates